Friday, April 25, 2008

"LOVE" Tennis..

Last night my Dad, Mom, brother Travis, and I all went to play tennis. It was a little chilly at first, but as we started playing we warmed up quickly. I would say I am a pretty sporty girl. Since I am tall and a fairly quick learner it usually doesn't take me long to get okay at a sport. Plus my Dad is seriously one of the best coaches you will ever find. Forever patient and is one of those people that is good at EVERYTHING! My brother is the same way. Unfortunately it takes me longer. Anyway.. when I was introduced to tennis, I instantly loved it, that's not to say that I instantly played like a pro, but I loved the sport. It is far and away my favorite sport to watch on television.

So when the opportunity to go to the U.S. Open with one of my darling friends Alana and her family, I had to go. In fact I think I invited myself on that trip! (I am tempted to post a certain Statue of Liberty picture, but won't because I am saving that as blackmail in case I need it later Lan!)

We were incredibly lucky on that trip because we saw one of those games that you watch at home and are screaming at your t.v. and wish you were seeing it in person. It was the Agassi vs. Blake match. This game had us cheering at the top of our lungs. Jumping up and down. Going crazy. A sports photographer came into the lab a short time after we got back from New York and mentioned he shot that game. He was nice enough to give me some of the images. ( David A. Sherman) Here are a couple pictures from the infamous game.


My brother has now given me the ultimatum that I have one year to get good enough to join a league with him and my parents. So that's one of my goals for this year... become more Serena Williamsish?

No comments: