Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Auntie Connie

(PEEPS POST)
Connie is my aunt. She is one of those people that will always laugh with you. You can crack a joke and she will always laugh. On her last birthday (she was turning 25 again) Her husband made a big deal and decorated her car, and put a sign on the back of it with her cell number, and wrote something saying to call Connie and wish her a happy birthday. So I found out about this and called her and used a silly high pitched voice and tried to fool her. I think at first she was a little scared. And then she suddenly said "Wait! Is this Caity?" We laughed so hard!

Connie is a mother of three and a grandmother of three. A while back her two sons died of muscular dystrophy. She is someone I will always look up to, with how she has handled that extremely tough situation. She was so good to those boys. She has stayed so strong with the whole thing.

One thing that really reminds me of Connie, is her mini Christmas village and her elaborate Christmas trees. I would go over to her house when I was younger and soak up all of the Christmasy stuff. I loved it! I love Christmas, so it was a delight to go over during the holiday's.

(Connie, I love ya and will call you next birthday, and try to disguise my voice better!)

No comments: