Friday, May 28, 2010
May has been a month of getting together with friends and family, getting outdoors, and then back indoors. May just couldn't make up it's mind if it wanted gorgeous sunny days, or freezing rain, and even snow. There were birthday parties and baby announcements. More doctors visits to figure out why I am nauseous all the time. (Trying some medication that will hopefully help. Also thinking about trying acupuncture.)
I'm excited for what June will bring. Buh bye May, bring on summer. We decided to send this month off with a bang and head to Zions for Memorial Day. When we get back June will officially be here. How has this year gone by so fast?
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
If you would have eavesdropped, you would have heard some pretty strange things..
- "Your spirit animal is a parakeet."
- "My dream job would be Batman."
- "That wasn't a passionate kiss, I just stuck my tongue in your mouth."
- "You're like a hamster, you're in a box and you want to get out."
- "My denim shirt is cool. It's not like an old man denim shirt that you would wear with a fanny pack."
- "You thought my Dad's parents names were Dale and Mitsy?" "Dale was my uncle, and Mitsy was my grandma's dog."
- "She had her snorkel mask on, and was hanging there with the worst wedgie of her life, screeching."
- "Say something manly, I'm starting to turn into a woman." "Hammers?"
- "If I got lost in the forest I would chop off his legs and take them with me."
- "Are cigarette's vegan?"
- "Wasn't she a botanist or something? She just kept looking at all of the plants while we were there."
- "I think I'm allergic to green."
- "You would eat a person? You're a vegetarian."
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Sunday night we said goodbye to something very beloved. Lost. Since I haven't been feeling very well, it was so nice to just have a small get together and relax. But let me tell you I had friends who went all out, and I'm sad I couldn't witness their festivities in person. (See here and here.)
We all wore our pj's, ate some really yummy food, and chillaxed while we said our final goodbyes.
We made predictions on what we thought the ending would be like, and who we thought would die.
There were island prizes for those who guessed the closest. But everyone was pretty stumped at the end, so we divvied up the prizes.
The night was great. Thanks Eric for hosting, and everyone who made it so fun. Goodbye Lost, you will be missed.
This was the last picture of the night. I told everyone to put on their most serious Lost faces.
"In "Empire", Luke found out Vader was his father, but instead of putting away his lightsaber and talking about it, he overreacted and got his hand cut off. I mean, they worked it out eventually, but at what cost? Another Death Star was destroyed, Boba Fett got eaten by the Sarlacc, and we got the Ewoks. It all could've been avoided if they just, you know, communicated. And let's face it, the Ewoks sucked, dude."
Monday, May 24, 2010
It also turned out that our friends Katy and Steve(r) found out what sex their baby was the day before, so we made a game out of it. We all came dressed in our guesses of what we thought they were having. (pink or blue)
Turns out most of us guessed right. A baby boy is going to be here in early October, and we couldn't be more excited for them.
While eating, we quickly noticed that the men gathered over at their own table so they didn't have to listen to all of the girly pregnancy stuff us gals were talking about.
Meanwhile the girls talked about everything from names for the baby to reality shows. And the kiddos happily played, oblivious to the whole thing.
Thanks to everyone who came and contributed. We had a blast, and it was a really nice way to spend a rainy Saturday.
Friday, May 21, 2010
On Sunday night I decided to make a picnic dinner for us to take to the park. We ate, talked, took pictures, and played frisbee.
The views from the park were stunning, and we were there for sunset, which was even prettier.
Bob is far better than I am at the sport, but I still think it's fun, and it was nice to be outdoors.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
The Temple Quarry was really cool, it had great views, and we stumbled across interesting things along the way.