Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Love the Ingrid


My darling friends Alana and Deb Deb gave me the awesome birthday gift of concert tickets to Ingrid Michaelson and Josh Radin. (pronounced Raydin we found out) We had oh so much fun. It was a great show. Deb Deb also taught us about sea creatures vs. land dwelling mammals. Who knew a concert could be fun AND educational!? Anyway, my latest favorite from Ingrid is Far Away, I could play it over, and over. Definitely one you should consider for your itunes library.


I will live my life as a lobsterman's wife on an island in the blue bay. He will take care of me, he will smell like the sea, And close to my heart he'll always stay.


I will bear three girls all with strawberry curls, little Ella and Nelly and Faye. While I'm combing their hair, I will catch his warm stare On our island in the blue bay.


Far away far away, I want to go far away. To a new life on a new shore line. Where the water is blue and the people are new. To another island, in another life.


There's a boy next to me and he never will be anything but a boy at the bar. And I think he's the tops, he's where everything stops. How I love to love him from afar. When he walks right pass me then I finally see on this bar stool I can't stay. So I'm taking my frown to a far distant town On an island in the blue bay.


Far away far away, I want to go far away. To a new life on a new shore line. Where the water is blue and the people are new. To another island, in another life.


I want to go far away.Away away, I want to go far away, away, away I want to go far away, far away.


Where the water is blue and the people are new. To another life, to another life. To another shore line In another life.


Makes me want to visit Maine or something.

No comments: