Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hardworking Dave

(random peeps pick number three)

Dave is my father-in-law. I really did luck out on my in-law situation. You always hear these stories about how people can't stand their in-laws. I really love mine.

Dave is one of the hardest workers I know. That man can just go and go and go. He seems somewhat like a particular bunny, now if I could only remember it's name hmmm...

Dave is so willing to help out whenever needed. It seems from the first moment I met him, he loved me like a daughter. Dave is incredibly generous. He has helped us out so much, and I hope he realizes how much we really appreciate it and him.

Bob's parents live in Washington, and we don't see them nearly as much as we would like. It's always fun when Dave takes trips out to see us. He spoils us and always takes us to dinner. It doesn't matter how much we insist on paying, he refuses.

A favorite memory with Dave is last time we went to Washington he took us out on his boat and we had so much fun. He is always there with his camera and always makes sure to send us the photos and videos he takes. We went to this sandy area and jumped in the water (even though it was freezing!) and he made sure to catch every moment of me screaming from shock of that blasted cold water!

Dave is a fellow Diet Coke addict, which is great. There is never a trip to Washington that there isn't a bunch of coke stock piled in the fridge.

Dave is an awesome chef. We have spent two Thanksgivings together and numerous other meals and every time I am delighted with the spread. Dave smokes meat that is to die for. He also deep fried our Thanksgiving turkey. That man, knows what he is doing! So good!

One great thing about Dave is he is always making sure to give hugs goodbye and hello. He really cares and loves the people in his life. I really do love him, and look up to him. I hope that I can be half as good of a daughter-in-law as he is a father-in-law.

Thanks Dave! (Make sure you name your new cows and don't tell me when they have to go on "vacation"!)

No comments: