Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I love my job


My friend Dallas is always telling me to write about the insane customers I get coming into the lab. So Dal, this is for you. (names are left out to protect the not so innocent)

An old lady came in today. (who I am almost positive kicks back the alcohol) She stayed for about a half an hour telling me all about how I shouldn't let my doctor give me estrogen because I will get cancer and how she goes with her son on cruises with his girlfriends. She also informed me that my husband was quite the looker and if I wasn't careful she would set him up with someone else. Well as the conversation was winding down (finally) she asked if my mom had any favorite children. After telling her "Um no, I think she likes us all the same", and asking her if she had any favorites. To which she replied (imagine a sweet old lady in one of those hair net things)

"Oh Hell honey, I have six kids and I can only stand two of em"

The wisdom she then imparted was that kids are hard and that I should wait as long as I can and don't let them do drugs. And sometimes you might need some wine to help you along the way.

I love my job, I get all the crazies.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

THATS FUNNY!! GOTTA LOVE HONEST CRACK HEADS!!

Pauly said...

"Oh Hell honey, I have six kids and I can only stand two of em"
"And sometimes you might need some wine to help you along the way."


LOL! That's classic! Ya gotta love crazy old ladies! =)

MisterE said...

This is why I can't wait to be old! Man, are people gonna hate me!!! MOO HA HA.