Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Grandmommy

(Peeps Post #8)


This is my Grandmommy

Isn't she pretty? I have always thought so. In fact whenever I was young and she would come to my programs at school, I would brag to all of the other kids that I had really young grand parents and point her out.


A couple things that will always stand out to me about her is that she can't have chocolate (sad huh?), and she always has her nails done.


I have had endless memories with my Grandmommy. I can remember going to her house and she would pay me a quarter to tickle her back. She would play games with me (Upwards was our favorite) She would show me her Christmas decorations she collected. But my favorite memory of all was that we shared a love for the artist Mary Engelbreit. My grandma always had her calendars and she would give me one every birthday. I always looked forward to my calendar.

Grandmommy compliments me all of the time. She tells me how much she loves my hair every time I see her. She tells me I am the all American girl. She makes THE BEST desserts, if I could plan a meal of whatever I wanted, her raspberry cream cheese dessert would be it. That would be the whole meal! She also makes these green cornflake Christmas wreath dessert things that are so good.



My Grandmommy is a ton of fun. I remember a certain trip where I somehow talked her into getting on a see saw. We couldn't breath we were laughing so hard. (I will dig up the picture and post it later) There was also a time when we were driving downtown and she didn't see a red light until she was in the middle of the intersection. She just froze and instead of running the light, she threw it into reverse and made the person behind her back up. We still laugh about that. Another time when I got bored she let me do crazy makeup on her as well as two pig tails on the top of her head. (I have that picture, but am not sure if she would let me show it!)


Grandmommy is an amazing woman. She is someone I look up to a great deal, for her faith, her patience, her humor, her kindness, her love. I love you Grandmommy. (I won't post the picture of you with the beehive and bell bottoms...even though that will always be my favorite picture of you!) Thank you for all of the love and hugs. Cait