Friday, June 6, 2008

The answer is yes!



(I think it's funny how Bob looks bald in this picture!)


So two years ago today my sweet Bob proposed on the roof of our building(officially, because if you read this story you know a Japanese man proposed first!)


I am surprising him tonight with a picnic on the roof to celebrate. Hopefully it doesn't rain on us!


The story...


I had come home from the mission and he wanted to spoil me for a day. So he dropped me off at the spa and I got a full body massage, a manicure, a pedicure, and my hair done. Then we went to a movie and to PF Changs (one of my favorites)
I kept wondering if he was going to give me the ring, but after dinner and the movie I had lost hope. Then he drove us to our spot that over looks the city and I thought for sure he was going to propose. But he didn't
Then he said "Well let's just go back to my apartment." (which is now our apartment) He took me up to the roof which had rose petals and candles everywhere. He had a table set up with fondue, fruit, sparkling cider (the works)
(His friend had taped the ring under the table and he had used a ton.) After we toasted, he loudly ripped the box and tape off of the table, got down on one knee, said a bunch of amazing things to me and proposed. (I cried of course) Then I called everyone I knew.
I am so glad Heavenly Father knows how to help us find the right people. I love Bob and am far too blessed to have him in my life.
*Also please note that two years ago the date was 6/06/06...that's right folks, he proposed on the day of the devil! (he he)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

HOW CUTE IS THAT!!! WHAT A GUY!!

MisterE said...

Hummm, that's a lot of 6's! (Show Bob, he will laugh)