Friday, September 19, 2008

Gas Station Antics


While I believe running through the sprinklers can be fun when it's spontaneous. I also think it is more fun when it is decided by you... not the sprinkler timer.

When your peaceful morning walk to the gas station (to get your pick-me-up Diet Coke) turns into you scrambling to get out of the freezing cold sprinkler water.. things turn sour for Caity, and of course I am wearing my now H20 speckled glasses.

On a side note it kind of freaked me out that once I dragged me and my sopping wet shoes to the gas station a lady old enough to be my grandma's grandma was getting a Blue Ribbon beer that was bigger than her head. Ah, 9 a.m. beer runs... and believe me, she will be running... through those sprinklers.

6 comments:

Julie said...

There's nothing like a good soaking early in the morning.

caitlin said...

Yeah, it really jolts me awake! :P

Kim said...

Julie...I say there's nothing like a good beer early in the morning...the bigger the better!

Mindy said...

I'm with Kim on this one!!!

Lindsey said...

WHAT ABOUT THE FACT THAT SHE WAS GETTING A DIET COKE!! GROOSE!!YOU SHOULD HAVE TOOK THE PAPS BLUE RIBBION FROM GRANNY INSTEAD OF THE PINESOL YOU BOUGHT... HA HA I KNOW YOU LIKE COKE BETTER. I GUESS WE CAN STILL BE FRIENDS:)


SORRY YOU GOT WET:( shouldn't they be slowing the flow and be saving
h20

Linda Mattson said...

Oh yeah! I always need a BADC first thing in the mornings!!
Here's to getting wet for the Diet Coke!