Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Game Night

Things to remember when playing games with our family:

- My dad is good at everything. No really.. everything. Chances are if you happen to be beating him at a game.. he is probably playing down to you. (he's nice that way)

- My mom makes up completely ridiculous answers and will not give up until you give her the point. Is she creative? Oh yes. Is she writing down real answers? No, no, no.

- My husband is cheating. He believes this is part of every game. If you can get away with it, then you are good at the game.

- I am competitive. I get really into some games. Sometimes my "inner Monica" comes out.


So you can imagine how we must have looked last night playing these two games..





And for the record you cannot major in Badminton and a valid answer for a dairy product does NOT include Betsy your childhood cow!

What games do you and your family like to play? We are always looking for something new and fun.

9 comments:

Brennie said...

We do love mexican train...But we also love to play apples to apples, and different versions of the cranium type games. We also love taboo, and mad gab. And card games, oh the card games my family plays. WOW!

caitlin said...

It's funny with cards, you kind of get sucked in and stay up playing. We played Golf a while ago and stayed up until like 1 am!

Perhaps we should do a girls night soon and we can play games and eat chocolate chip cookies??!

Brennie said...

sounds fantastic. :)

Katy said...

We love to play Hand n foot. Its a card game and so much fun! We also like to play spaz uno! You must play that if you never have!

Brennie said...

I LOVE that game...and haven't found anyone who knows how to play it. I haven't played it years, but I LOVED it.

caitlin said...

I haven't played either one. Okay, we will for sure need to do a girls night and play them!

Lindsey said...

WE LOVE TO PLAY SPOONS, MAD GAB,LOVE MEXICAN TRAIN,RUMMIKUB, AND CATCH PHRASE. I LOVE GAMES!!!
GAMES ARE A GOOD THING FOR SURE....

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

Besides all the goodie but oldies (apples to apples, etc.) here are some AWESOME newer games: Killer Bunnies!!! (I know it sounds weird, but it is SO fun!), Boxers or Briefs, Settlers of Catan

caitlin said...

Ha, I have never heard of any of those! Do I actually have to kill bunnies??