Thursday, May 22, 2008

Zion's or Seattle?

Okay, so I am throwing together a pro's and con's list. Bob and my anniversary is the first week of August and we are trying to decide where to go. Here is what I have so far...

Seattle Pro's:
- We haven't ever been together. (and when I went we only stayed for a day, and I didn't even get to see Pike's Street Market
- Cheap plane tickets
- Our friends (that we haven't seen in what feels like forever) live there



- Bob's Aunt Janey & family live close by (who are so so fun to hang out with)

- Bob's sister Donna lives out there, and we haven't seen her since our open house two years ago!

- Bob's parents live three hours from there and might be able to sneak out to meet us and hang out.



Seattle Con's:

- Should we save the money we would spend there?

- Hotel prices are kind of steep in the city, and out of the city we would have to rent a car, which spells out e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e either way.

- The only hotel that we might be able to afford is probably haunted.

- I would have to take off more time from work than if we went to Zion's


Zion's Pro's:

- It would be a cheap and easy

- Bob has never been

- Road trips are fun and chill

- Would only have to take one day off work


Zion's Con's:

- gas prices suck

- it is going to be blasted hot there

- gets busy there, and we might have trouble finding a good place to camp

Okay, I am finished listing for right now. Any suggestions??

3 comments:

Kim said...

Food at Zions in also outrageous! If you are camping and taking your own food then I guess it's not bad. We stayed 3 days last March and spent 50.00 on every single meal! They have you by the kahunas and they know it!!!

Amber said...

Jared and I went to Zions last August for our anniversary and it was quite nice. However we were able to stay at my grandparents Cabin in cedar which allowed us to store food easily and we packed our lunches. I don't remember it being miserably hot either.

Lindsey said...

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR TOPIC BUT REALLY CUTE HEADER...