Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bad Burglar...

So (Lindsey, that "So" was for you, I do it too!) good news... our apartment is IMPOSSIBLE to break into. How do I know this? Well let me tell you... Bob had the car in Sandy, so I walked home (I work close) but did it occur to me to grab an extra key so I could get in to our fortress of an apartment? The answer to that would be no, no it didn't. I called Bob and explained the predicament. He told me a trick that he had done once to get into our apartment. (I won't go into detail, except to say that the trick he used didn't work) The only thing that resulted was blisters.

I even tried to go up our three story fire escape and reach a window to get in. It's important to note, that while scaling our fire escape, every neighbor could see me through their windows. Imagine me hiking up it and at every floor waving to my neighbors eating dinner. I got to the top and tried to get a window open. This was impossible because our windows do not open from the outside, and I was hanging over the fire escape trying to reach the window. (I was feeling a little Mission Impossible-ish)

I looked like a drown rat with all of the sweat, and decided to just sit out in the hall and wait for Bob to get home and save me. Don't worry, I had one of neighbors come out and stare at me for a second (probably trying to decide if I was a burglar) then laugh and tell me I could use her bathroom if I needed to. I just told her my husband was on the way and I would be fine.

What did Bob say when he got there? "Caity, why are you sitting in the hall? You should go inside". (It's a good thing I like him.)

5 comments:

Kim said...

I would have just crawled in the milk door!

caitlin said...

yeah it's too bad they were screwed and nailed shut on the outside!

Lindsey said...

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ME?? I WRITE LIKE I TALK. NOT VERY GOOD AT EAITHER ONE. I ALSO SAY CUTE ALOT JUST ASK MY HUSBAND.. HA HA. O WELL. I AM WHO I AM.

caitlin said...

No I am talking about my other friend Lindsey. She just wrote a post about how she starts out every post with "So"

I love how you write, I wouldn't change a thing!

Lindsey said...

OK NO WORRIES. I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY. I LOOKED BACK AT MY POSTS. I DO SAY SO ALOT. SO HA HA..IT MIGHT BE A LINDSEY THING.. SHE DOES HAVE A RAD NAME AFTER ALL..