Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Twenty Ten


At first we didn't know what we were going to do for New Years. We thought about the Gallivan Center's party. We thought about renting a movie and just chillaxing. Instead we got to hang out with Bob's brother Mike, and my friend Kristen. And suddenly it became a mini party at Casa Selle.


We started out with some yummy food at Macaroni Grill. Where we saw some very interesting outfit choices. (ie: see-through pants at the table next to us)


Then we headed back to our apartment to play games and ring in the new year. Somewhere in the mix, we all decided we were going to pull an all-nighter. We decided to play a game of Truth or Dare that included dressing up in bizarre clothing, pounding our chests and yelling like Tarzan out on the balcony. (Our neighbors were quite entertained by that one.) Bob slow dancing with the scary yellow doll, Kristen having to dance with no music, and me chugging almost a whole Full Throttle energy drink.


We played a game of Cranium (I was surrounded by cheaters) and then decided to watch Dick Clark. I forgot that I had paused it during the commercial, so we were counting down a minute late. We watched the fireworks from the Gallivan Center on our balcony and thought it was weird they were doing them 45 seconds early. Until finally it dawned on me we were ringing in New Years a bit late. (I know, not real bright.)

We banged on pots and pans, and snapped pictures. Then drove around downtown trying to stay awake. (We split up and did a photo scavenger hunt.)


After a while we got so tired, I'm not even sure what we were doing. But we made it to 5 am, and then we all crashed.


The night was hysterical, and a great way to ring in the new year. The next day I felt like a zombie, and I quickly realized I'm not 19 anymore.

2 comments:

melissa said...

wait until you have 3 kids. we rang in the new year sleeping.

Katy said...

That sounds like a great time! Wahoo! Happy New YEar! See you tonight!