Thursday, January 7, 2010

Communication is key..

{I should preface this story with the fact that this was during a special time of month. And I was weepy and cranky.}

A couple nights ago my friend came over to workout with me. After we were finished, Bob had made us a healthy dinner and we were all talking. Well at one point he complimented my friend by saying that she was an excellent communicator. After she left, we had a conversation that went something like this..

(Bob) "Caity, do you want to watch this show with me?"

(Cat) **pouty silent treatment**

(Bob) "Caity, are you giving me the silent treatment?"

(Cat) "No." (still pouting)

(Bob) "Cait, what's wrong?"

(Cat) "You didn't say I was an excellent communicator."

(Bob) "Well that's just implied. You are the best communicator."

(Cat) "Really?"

(Bob) "Yep, and you're pretty."

That Bob, is one smart guy. {And let's all just ignore the fact that the silent treatment might not be the best form of communication.}

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Awwww. What a nice guy.