Monday, November 16, 2009

The Little Mermaid


Friday night my mom took my sister, my nieces and nephew, and me to see The Little Mermaid play at Kingsbury Hall. It was quite the experience.

Some of the highlights include:

-The cast taking those long pauses to remember their lines.

-Chairs getting kicked over on stage.

-Some less than stellar performances. (Let's just say none of these actors will be getting any Academy nods.)

-And my favorite of all. When one of the leads went off stage and didn't realize her microphone was still on, and for about five minutes told someone how she forgot one of her lines and all about the line she forgot. And should she go back on stage and say it still.

Oh boy, oh boy it was definitely entertaining. But the kids loved it and that was the whole idea.


And don't think we didn't stay after for the question and answer portion of the night. Where the kids could ask those all too important questions like.. "How do you get your tails to move?" Now, I wouldn't consider this a stupid question if the tails weren't obviously tied to their wrists with string, and they were flailing there arms about dramatically for no reason.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Sounds a little like "It's a Wonderful Life" that I saw last year at Kingsbury. Ahh, such talent.