Monday, November 23, 2009

It's almost Thanksgiving..


.. This holiday always gets me. Maybe because I have so much to be thankful for. Or because I know I have so much and others are going without.

When I used to live at home my mom would bustle around the kitchen whipping up recipes, and making her homemade pie crusts. (You haven't had a pie crust, until you have had my mom's.)

My dad and I would sit together and break the bread for the stuffing, laughing, and racing to see who could fill up their bowl the fastest.

Then when we would all sit down to eat, we would of course go around the table saying what we're most thankful for.

Well this year I have quite a lot to be thankful for..

- My husband who each day makes me laugh.

- My parents who are my biggest fans, and are always there for me.

- My husband's parents who never cease to amaze me with their kindness and generosity.

- For my siblings and my husband's siblings who are always willing to put up with my antics, and always make sure to tease me back. Just as siblings should.

- For an extended family. Mine and Roberts grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are some of the funnest people I know.

- For friends that make my life more fun, and realize I have shortcomings and love me anyway.

- For a roof over head, for food in my fridge, for freedom.

- For my abilities, talents, and health

- For my own personal relationship with my Heavenly Father.

- For my life and my support system.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear C.

You rock! We love you!

Love, J.

Ida/FarEastLogbook said...

Beautiful list and a beautiful picture too!

The VIPs said...

I also love the picture- pretty amazing. Great post!