Friday, November 6, 2009

Clumsy people might not be the best candidates for sharp objects.

Last night Bob and I were making dinner. He was grilling chicken on the BBQ and I was inside doing the potatoes.

Well as I was chopping them, I happened to slice my finger. I yelped out in pain and started cursing. Bob asked if I was alright and then chopped the rest of the potatoes for me while I went to bandage up my finger.

That's when I realized..

Who let the clumsy girl hold a knife? I think we're just asking for trouble in that situation. It's lucky I didn't fall while holding it, and slice one of my knee caps off.

On a side note, just yesterday I managed to not only cut myself, but rip one of my nails off, and choke on a banana. Yes, those mushy things they give to babies because they are so easy to digest.

help.

3 comments:

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

I hate when I have those days (er, weeks).

it sounds crazy, but the sharper the knife the less like you are to actually cut yourself with it. maybe it's time for a little sharpening?

Anonymous said...

who invented knives anyway? You should sue them. And their friends that invented scissors. I cut my finger with my sewing scissors on Friday night as I was madly preparing for the boutique. I hate being clumsy!

Cate said...

oh, man. maybe take a little break from the knives for a while. maybe you just need a week off.