Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Silver Lake Hike

This trip to the cabin we decided to do a four mile hike around Silver Lake in Harriman State Park. It was gorgeous. The clarity of the lake was amazing. You could see straight to the bottom.

I also loved how you could see the reflection of the clouds and trees in the water.

I was impressed by Celeste's kids. I don't think I would have hiked that far when I was their age. It was so fun to have them along. Six year old Hailey trail blazed the whole time. She had her walking stick, and would occasionally stop along the trail to provide us with arrows and "clues" on which way to go. Cody kept trying to dodge the camera, and Emily talked Bob into dragging her with a "dragon stick" or was that a draggin' stick?

The scenery was gorgeous. I loved seeing the bright colors and the hard and soft textures.


Towards the end of the hike we passed through a farm area. There's something really pretty about farm life to me.

After the hike we had worked up quite an appetite, so we treated ourselves to a yummy dinner and festive cake for dessert.

We joked with Tom and Celeste that they weren't exactly trying to deter us from coming back. We love it there. Life is good at the cabin.

4 comments:

Vip said...

Great pictures, it looks like you all had an amazing time.

SWS said...

Caitlin - these pics are gorgeous(as usual). Almost makes me feel like I was there!
What a beautiful place!
Ha - love the "draggin stick'!
(I like farm pics also):)

;) said...

Beautiful series. Yes, It was really gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures and taking me on a mental mini-vacation in the middle of my day. It was just what I needed.