Monday, October 18, 2010

Move over Beyonce


zumba (zoom-ba)

A fast paced Latin dance exercise class. (Beware if you are an uncoordinated white girl.)

I actually had a lot of fun. It was a quick hour of exercise that was an awesome workout. But if you were to spy on the class, I would stick out like a sore thumb. I just don't get how those Latina women can move their hips, their arms, their legs, and hands all at the same time. They make it look so easy. And I make it look so.. well nerdy. That's okay I had fun trying to channel my inner Shakira.

But I think it goes without saying that it's not one of those things I can chalk up to being naturally good at. Thanks to Kristen and Aubrie for coming with me and not trying to scoot away as I did my hip shakin'. The next time we do it, let's try to not schedule it so early in the a.m. I think that's why I didn't do as well. ;) (yeah right)

1 comment:

melissa said...

My friend went to one of these and fell right on her bum. That would be me...sooooo uncordinated! You're brave :)