Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall Leaves

I used to have a poster of a painting of trees. So while editing my pictures from my drive up to the canyons last week, I was surprised to see this photograph. It reminded me so much of that painting. It stirred up all sorts of memories in me. I love the dark colors and shadows. It just seems like a really moody picture. And I fell in love with it for that reason. I rarely get really excited about my pictures, but this one was really fulfilling for me. I just love the way it makes me feel when I look at it.

I love being able to express my artistic side while shooting. What's funny is that on the way up the canyons, I realized I had forgotten to put in my contacts that day, and I hate shooting with glasses on. Well while I was up there, I took off my glasses for a second to clean them and looked around. (I'm as blind as a bat.) All I could see were a bunch of blurry colors, and it got me excited. It was a beautiful, blurry, swirly world. So I took a few pictures from that perspective.

On the other hand, I also like the documentary side of photography. So I decided to get both perspectives on the Fall leaves this year. These were the other end of the spectrum.

Both were fun for me to explore. I loved escaping to such a pretty place. It made me once again very grateful to live so close to the mountains, and the amazing landscapes. Happy Fall. I am thrilled it's finally here, sad it's going to be so fleeting, and determined to appreciate every minute of it.

6 comments:

SWS said...

Beautiful - isn't nature grand! Really enjoyed being in the beautiful mountains of Utah and the beautiful sunrise as we were leaving. Especially enjoyed the company!
These pics would look good in the little pic frames you have in your living room - you just need pics to swap out for every season - ha ha. I just love all your pics!

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

wowowowzers. your photography is blowing me away lady!
this is such a beautiful post.

Becky said...

Love your blog. Love the pictures. Eric and I were talking the other day about how amazing your pictures are! Yes your pictures are the stuff legends are made of.

The VIPs said...

gorgeous photos, I need to get me to the mountains!

djb said...

Could the trees be blown up to 16 x 20 and put on canvas? Must own one.

MisterE said...

:)!!! Nothing else needs to be said.