Monday, July 12, 2010

My workplace..

Last week I had an opportunity to use three very different lenses at work. A wide angle, a macro, and a fish eye. So I thought this would be a great way to introduce you to where I work. The place I spend my time eight hours a day, forty hours a week, one hundred and sixty.. okay I think you get the idea.

I spend a lot of time at RepliColor. It's a professional photography lab, so I am surrounded by photography. I think that's a big part of the reason I have grown to love taking pictures, editing, and designing so much.

So let me show you my surroundings through my eyes and my camera..

Welcome to Replicolor. My name is Caitlin, and I'll be showing you around.

First let's take a walk outside..

My company recently changed locations. We are still in the city, but in more of an industrial area. That's okay, even though I look out my window to see this, I still have a great view of the mountains, and the funny guys out back at the Ferrari dealership trying to do tricks on their bikes, and occasionally biffing it. It provides me with plenty of entertainment in the afternoons when I tend to get a little bored. Back inside we go..

Plenty to see, let's keep moving. Lot's of textures, and details to take in..

Would you care for a taffy? They're fresh from the Taffy Town down the street. In fact on my way into work sometimes I can smell the flavor they are making that day. Grape's my favorite.

Well this is where I leave you, I better get back to work. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Love it what a cute place you work at!!! Fun pictures and I think were going to be visiting taffy town soon!

melissa said...

how fun! thanks for sharing.

likeschocolate said...

I will have to try this Taffy the next time we come to SLC.

SWS said...

Very Cool Views! How fun to see where you work and from different angles!
BTW - think you need to bring some of that taffy to Boise. Your pics look too yummy!

The VIPs said...

Alright your office looks way cool. And you'll be in Boise? Awesome! I'd suggest a 'pen pal' dinner where we could both wear a red rose or something but Bob will be busy and I'll be in Rexburg at BYU-Idaho for my sister's graduation. But enjoy our fair city, we sure love it- make sure to walk around downtown Boise a little bit, it's the best part of town in my opinion.