Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Almost 4 years ago

After almost four years of marriage, Bob still has this hanging in his Bronco. (It's his boutonniere from our wedding.) He hung it on the rear view mirror right after our reception on the way to the hotel. I asked him once why he still had it in there years later. He said it was a reminder of one of the happiest days of his life. For as much as Bob isn't a sentimental goober like me, it's nice to know he isn't dead inside like I always tease him that he is.

(Case in point.. we were watching UP in the theater, and I was bawling my eyes out, when he looked over at me and incredulously asked "Are you really crying? It's a cartoon Caity." "But the wife just died!" "Caity, they just stopped drawing her. She's a cartoon.")

4 comments:

SWS said...

Awwww....:)

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

it's those little things.

(we just got rid of our "getaway" vehicle, but even after 6 years we were still finding the confetti that our friends dumped all over the car. I loved finding those little shiny gems, just reminding me of what a special day, a special guy and special friends we had/have around to celebrate with us)

Peggy said...

That is so sweet!

( I totally bawled in UP too.)

Katie said...

That's so sweet!
And Bob is so funny!