Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Boring.

Last night I had dinner with this cute mama, and this cute mama to be. We were talking about how boring we have gotten. And how tired we get lately. Well I feel like they have excuses. I mean one has a baby. And the other one is pregnant. So it's probably hard to get wild and crazy. But what's my excuse?

I don't have one. I remember I used to be able to stay up until three in the morning and it wouldn't even faze me. And I thought getting dressed up and partying all night was fun. Now it sounds like a chore. It's not like I'm 86 and my joints are hurting. I'm only 27.

So does this mean I will be boring for the rest of my life and continue to get more and more tired and boring the older I get? Because I'm telling you right now that at this rate, I am going to be 30 and trying to make it to the Sizzler for early bird dinners.

Maybe it's time to join a fight club or train to climb Mount Everest? On second thought, that sounds like too much work.. maybe it's time I just embrace the 90 year old in me, and take up needle point. I hear it can get pretty intense with those sharp needles. And I am clumsy enough to make it interesting I'm sure.

5 comments:

Amber said...

I didn't really think about our boringness getting worse bit you make a very good point. Hmm, after my second nap of the day I'm going to come up with a solution.

Katie said...

Ok so I had this HUGE thing typed out but it just didn't fit.

Anyway, you're not boring.. and life only gets more interesting as you go!

Le blÖg d'Ötli said...

Ha ha... the beginning of wisdom ? for the questions, not really to be tired ;)

The VIPs said...

my husband calls me a 60 year old in a 26 year old's body because I am a prude, old fashioned, a homebody and....pretty boring. You're in good company. : )

Katy said...

although we talked about us being boring, I don't agree that you are at all. YOu always seem to be doing something fun. I envy you!