Do you ever feel the need to be perfect? Okay, not perfect. I know no one is. But sometimes it feels like I'm not doing enough, and when I look around, other are.
Every day my brain goes a mile a minute thinking..
- Is my house clean?
- Oh, I need to do my hair and put on makeup.
- Man, I need to lose some weight.
- Have I been serving others enough?
- Have I been spending enough time with my mom and dad?
- Visiting my grandparents?
- Keeping in touch with my in laws out of state enough?
- I need to get some groceries.
- Was I just snippy with my husband?
- I haven't seen my friends in forever, I should make time to see them.
- Did I pay rent?
- Why isn't my cable working?
- Oh yeah I should blog something today.
- Did I pray? (On my knees?)
- Am I thankful enough?
- I should dress better.
- Was I nice enough to my customers today?
- Should I get another job?
- Did I watch too much t.v. ?
- I need to work out.
- Mmm, chocolate cake.
My brain does this and I start to get a little tense that I'm not doing enough. That I could do so much more, if I just had the energy.
Does anyone have any clue how to fix this? Are there energy pills I don't know about? Does it have something to do with that dang Energizer bunny? Cause I'm telling you right now, Bob might have a problem with me bringing home a pink rabbit who plays a drum non-stop.