Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Wedding

About two and a half years ago I was lucky enough to find my best friend and marry him in the Salt Lake Temple, following our wedding we had a ring ceremony and a reception at Rose Sachs Gardens.


The day was a great success due to a small army of people. I felt so lucky that day to have such amazing people there to support me and my brand new husband. One of those people is my friend Kelly. She not only offered to do my hair (for free) but she was my own personal assistant that day!

She got up at four in the morning to curl my hair before our wedding. (yes I said 4 a.m. when no one should be allowed to be awake) Then after we had the biggest down pour of rain.. seriously it was like a small monsoon following me around! I looked like a drown rat. So what did Kelly do? She got off work early to come and do my hair all over again before my reception. Not only that, but she did my makeup, she helped me get into my dress, and she helped me stay calm when the flower shop delivered the bouquet right out of the 80's. She also helped me fix it. She stayed and held my hand through all the drama.

I have always been incredibly grateful for her. So when she got married this weekend I was so excited to share in her happiness. Congrats girl!

2 comments:

JULiE said...

Congrats to the both of you!

melissa said...

Thank Heaven for girl friends!