Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Crazy Little Thing Called Love.


This is the shirt I'm wearing today. Now if you don't know much about tennis, you might not understand that if you haven't scored any points in a game, they call it LOVE, so you can see my shirt is a little play on words. Because in tennis love means nothing. (no points)

Some people don't get it. I will be talking to someone and they will be staring at my chest, trying to figure out what in the heck my shirt means. (I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.)

So when I went to the gas station one person in particular couldn't grasp the shirts concept no matter how hard I tried to explain. I had just taken my diet coke up to the counter to be rung up and the cashier man, who had a thick Indian accent (I am trying my hardest not to compare him with a certain Simpson's Character)




Oops, couldn't help it. This is how the conversation went..

Cashier: "You know, love means something."

Me: blank stare. (not understanding why he was bringing up the complex subject of love with a complete stranger)

Cashier: (staring at my chest) "Your shirt, doesn't make sense, love means something."

Me: light bulb flashing over my head. "Oh, not in tennis though."

Cashier: "Oh, you're in love with a tennis player?" "He broke your heart?"

Me: "No, in tennis if you don't score it means nothing and they call it love."

Cashier: (winking and raising an eyebrow) "Oh I see, you scored with a tennis player."

Me: wondering how this short trip to the gas station had taken such a bizarre turn, mumbled "Have a good day!"

Leaving the man at the counter puzzled and probably interested in taking up tennis.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

THAT IS FUNNY!!! YOU MAKE ME LAUGH AND I LOVE IT:)AS FOR MY HAIR IT IS STILL SHORT IT IS JUST FAKE..HA HA HA.. MY HUSBAND ALWAYS HAS WANTED ME TO HAVE LONG HAIR SO ON SOMEDAYS I DO AND SOMEDAYS I DON'T...MY HAIR IS JUST SO THIN AND IT DOESN'T GROW SO WELL...SO I DO THIS..MY SISTER DID A POST ON MAKING FUN OF ME AND SO DID MY FRIEND ANG IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT THEY ARE FUNNY!!

PS. I HOPE THE TENNIS PLAYER DOESN'T GET TO SCORE WITH YOU AGAIN THAT WOULD MAKE BOB SAD;( UNLESS THE TENNIS PLAYER IS BOB:)haha

Melonie and Dave said...

That is hilarious Caity! I always enjoy reading your blog! Thanks for making me smile today! Hope you are feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

So funny - you'll have to write "in tennis" on your hand!
Suz

Katy said...

That story totally made my day! Seriously, hillarious!

P.S. said...

I think you should submit this story to some tennis magazine-there must be such a thing, right?
I can just imagine you nicely trying to explain...Hysterical.

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

Ok, I really love this story.. And I really meant what I said about your blog! It's great.. Your life always seems so exciting!

caitlin said...

You are too nice! My life seems so boring to me, so that makes me feel good! Thanks again, seriously.

Julie said...

Love the shirt!

the gray gang said...

YES! That is awesome!!! Okay so I really will be coming in to see you soon!!! Like tomorrow maybe?! Ha HA!