Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Army Angel

I found out something interesting about myself. Wait, let me back up. When we were in Washington we decided we were going to go sledding. But we didn't bring any snow clothes. So Bob's parents were nice enough to let us borrow some of theirs. Bob's dad goes turkey hunting, and fishing and all that outdoorsy stuff. So he wears camouflage. Meaning that I got to dress from head to toe in it.

You think I am kidding, but no. I had the warmest cammo coat, cammo snow pant suspenders. Cammo hood, gloves, and I kid you not, CAMMO BOOTS! You should have seen me. I was having so much fun, and it was all a bit big, so I felt like a huge camouflaged marshmallow.

But the weirdest thing happened. I started talking different. I started asking people to hand me my gun. "My guhhhn." When people called me (Alana can attest to this), I would answer it "Go for Alana." I even think at one point, I asked Michael to drop and give me twenty. I don't know why this happened. I assume it was all the power of the camouflage going to my head. I kept asking people if it was hard to see me, since I was dressed all in cammo.

When I asked Bob, he looked at me, patted my head and said, you are kind of in the wrong camouflage for snow. I don't know what he was talking about. See the picture below. You can only see an outline of an angel huh? Eerie I know.


Oh and I can't resist showing you what my hair looked like by the end of our snow trip. I like to call this my rooster do. Not everyone can pull this off, but I think I did nicely..

4 comments:

JULiE said...

I've worn camouflage several times. And I agree it has a certain mystique to it. Fun stuff. And I do have to admit...You're one cute camo chick!

Kim said...

Wow...you wear that rooster do well! I think it sounds like you had a ton of fun in Washington. I want to take the kids out sledding somewhere around here!

fivecutekids said...

I love this post, YOU make me laugh! Thanks for making that happen (me laughing). I gotta get me some camo.

Scott and Lindsey said...

What, is that a cross-processed Holga I see? It was amazing, but I really only did see the snow angel. Strange.