Tuesday, November 11, 2008

impromptu photo shoot


So the other night we went to Charlie Chows with Eric. On the way back we decided to get pictures in front of our old apartment. I have decided I want to start that tradition, so I can show my kids what we looked like, and where we lived, etc..

So as we were posing Eric starts cracking up. Us, confused, look up to the apartment above where we are taking the picture. What do we see? A tall, skinny, middle eastern guy, smiling and waving at the camera with a goofy grin. He can't see Bob and me, so the only explanation we can come up with is he assumes that Eric is one of two things..

1- Stalking him

or

2- A lost tourist

Either way, if I thought a complete stranger was taking a picture of me at ten in the evening, I would either be grabbing a baseball bat, or calling the police. Not waving at the strangers camera!!

We were all laughing hysterically. So we just sort of waved back and ran to the car and sped away. We were afraid if we stuck around he might come down and do a complete photo shoot! (The picture I posted above is of us laughing at the ridiculous situation, but oh how I wish I had a picture of that guy waving like a celebrity.)

Oh and if you feel like I am being too hard on this little guy, let me refresh your memory of the middle eastern gentlemen that we had to deal with while living there. (Click here and here.)

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

HOW FUNNY!! I BET HE SAW YOU AND MISSED YOU GUYS THAT IS WHY HE WAS WAVING;).

JULiE said...

That's a cute tradition and a great pic!

Anonymous said...

Cute pic!

SS

MisterE said...

Um as the one behind the camera and in view of the guy, I was afraid that he would come down and ask for a date! Not that theres anything wrong with that. Lets just say he wasn't my type. It is good that we left before he came down and did anything else! Good post, it made me laugh and I was there. That might be why I was laughing. Good Times.