Thursday, August 7, 2008

Top Ten



My Top Ten
(favorite's in Seattle)

1. Pikes Place Market (stopped in for a little shopping and fish throwing.. and got grossed out by the fish juice flying in the guys mouth who was catching said fish)


2. Space Needle (We didn't go up, we just walked around the grounds and saw the fun little carnival rides. Which I exclaimed that I wanted to ride, while jumping up and down.)

3. Pacific Science Center (It's kind of old school, but still really interesting. I loved the butterfly exhibit, where you go in and there are a million butterflies everywhere and they land on you.)


4. The Seattle Underground Tour (I love this kind of stuff, very educational and interesting. Totally worth the $15)

5. The Troll ( I had no idea how big he was! It was such a cool area surrounding it too.)

6. Duck Boat Tour (I had no idea how popular these are! Though slightly cheesy, still really fun, and funny, not to mention really interesting to hear about all the the neat stuff they drive us by. Oh and they go in the water too, so we were able to see Gas Works park, and the Sleepless in Seattle house. Really silly and fun.)


7. Walking everywhere (If you are in the city, you can pretty much walk everywhere. We had so much fun just holding hands and walking past the beautiful buildings.)


8. Riding the ferry (Bob's aunt lives on Whidbey Island so we took a ferry there, and it was stunning. We went to Deception Pass and saw the gorgeous bridge, beach, islands, and scenery. We devoted an entire day there, and were so happy that we did.)

9. Hanging out along the waterfront (ate tasty food, dipped our toes in the water, visited cute shops)





10. Counting all the Starbucks we saw (I was shocked at how many Starbucks there were within a 5 mile radius of me!)


We so enjoyed being with all of our great friends, and family. Thank you to everyone who helped make our trip so fun!

5 comments:

djb said...

Glad you're back, had fun, and are blogging again.

Julie said...

There are never enough Starbucks for me...That is one of the things I love about Portland and Seattle...a starbucks on every corner!
Welcome back...I am glad you had a fun vacation!

MisterE said...

Nice pics! I love the ones of the Smith Tower and The Columbia Tower, very nice.

I worked with someone who used to live in Seattle and she would tell me how there were two Starbucks in her building; one at the bottom and one halfway up. Becuse sometimes you just can't wait for an elevator to get your fix!

Lindsey said...

YUMMY FLYING FISH JUCIE!! MY MOM DID ONE OF THOSE DUCK BOAT TOURS IN D.C. AND BROUGHT ALL THE KIDS BACK SOME DUCK WISTLES THAT SOUNDED LIKE A DUCK.. (O YEAH I THINK SHE HATES ME SOMETIMES) LOOKS LIKE FUN!!LOVE THE PICTURES.

Jess said...

Looks like fun!