Thursday, July 9, 2009

Have you heard? The birds the word.

{Saturday 6:00 a.m.}


(Caity) "What's that noise? Why am I awake so early on a Saturday?"

(Bob) "Caity why are you talking? Go back to bed."

(Caity) "What is that annoying noise?"

(Bob) "I don't hear anything.."

(Caity) "It's a bird! Why is that bird so loud, and why is it making that horrible loud cheeping sound? Is it dying?"

(Bob) "No, it's just a type of bird noise.. I didn't even notice it."

(Caity) "You didn't notice that horrible noise??"

(Bob) "You can't call a bird singing horrible noise.. that's like a crime against nature or something."

(Caity) "I wouldn't care if it sounded good, but seriously that bird sounds ridiculous, don't you think?"

(Bob) "No, but I actually like nature."

(Caity) "I like nature, just not bugs, and stupid birds that can't sing."

(Bob) "Why don't you go out and teach it and let me go back to bed?"

(Caity) "I will and I will be like one of those freakin' Disney princesses that gets the animals to frolic and sing with her."

(Bob) "It's way too early for this conversation."

11 comments:

Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

dude.
maybe you should just close your window?
tee hee.

Leciawp said...

I am known for being a crow hater - they wake me up at least once a week :(

P.S. said...

I think it's time you invested in a gun.
Okay, okay not one with actual bullets just one that scares the birds away with a loud noise or something.

MisterE said...

At least you don't have a billion ducks outside your window going through that akward teen phase! I hear there is a guide book...To Kill A Mockingbird.

Susi said...

I love birds, but near my house I live near a pound with all kind of water-birds and loads of geese, and why on earth do they have to make lots of sounds when the sun is starting to shine......

Kasia said...

Oh, Caitlin, you just made me laugh :)

Mary-Laure said...

I am actually afraid of birds...

katiekimmcdermott said...

Love it. Love you.
Thanks for making me laugh... I had to go to the hospital for another procedure today and I just can't get enough of your blog.......

I hope that bird goes away and you can't get more sleep...

Ida/FarEastLogbook said...

Thanks for the laugh!! :-D

Reesa said...

oh gosh you crack me up! So funny. It reminds me of my first summer here in KY. There is always lots of locusts and they make this crazy loud buzzing noise. Apparently I am the only person in KY who notices this noise. My hub and I would be driving or sitting outside and I would be saying (well, shrieking really) "do you hear that?! It's deafening! I can't hear anything else, I can't think. What is that noise?!" and he would say, "I don't hear anything." Oh, it made me crazy. That noise still bugs me! Thanks for the comments on my blog! We miss you too. And no, we don't have a cafe rio out here! it is HORRIBLE!

Lisa said...

Ha, lol, you crack me up Caitlin! You remind me of a movie where a mocking bird was driving a girl CRAZY every night, she'd always be running out the front door with a bat in hand! Can't remember the name of it.

Lisa :)