Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010 (Part 3)

We decided for the last day of our trip we should start the morning by just taking it easy. We ate some yummy pancakes and just chillaxed. But by early afternoon it was so hot that we were roasting. So we decided to head into Zion's and drive in our air conditioned cars through the tunnel and just enjoy the scenery.

After we cooled down, we decided to hike the Canyon Overlook Trail. It was a nice short hike, and ended with gorgeous views.

We bummed around the town for a while, and went to dinner. Then when we got back to our camp, we decided to head to the water and play since the weather was still super warm. We inflated rafts, and floaties and had a blast.

We noticed there was an island pretty far out, and I was determined to get over there. Eric and Bob decided to join me for the swim. It took us about 15-20 mins. But once we got there we realized people were cliff jumping, and decided to go and check it out.

Once we saw the pretty lagoon area and the super deep water we knew we had to jump. The cliff was about 30 feet high, and looked a little sketchy since there were some rocks jutting out. But we all knew we had to jump it. It was super high, and hurt when we smacked the water, but it was such a rush.

We didn't have our camera with us, so luckily Jon took these back from the shore. These were taken after we all took our jump from the big cliff. This was right before we left. Bob went to the tall cliff, and I went to the smaller and we jumped at the same time. We had a great time and then swam back to every one else.

Well I know this blog has turned into quite the travel log, so I apologize. I like to document and journal on this blog as well as entertain. I promise I'm almost finished posting about our trip.

On a side note, I had a zombie dream last night where I was hiding in this house with an old school revolver trying to keep the zombies out. And Michelle Obama appeared all prim and proper as a zombie. I woke up laughing.

Well Happy Monday!

No comments: